Skip to content
Process for Review and Revision
- August, we reviewed data.
- August, the SLP committee formed.
- Committee met to articulate our plan and parents met to review plan.
- District review of SLP
- SLP committee met to revise plan
- Staff meeting to review DRAFT of new direction
- Parent meeting to review Draft of new direction (IP)
- The School Planning Team meets together on a regular basis.
- The School Learning Plan is part of the monthly staff meeting.
- Parents met to review and have input on School Learning Plan.
- The School Learning Plan will be shared at PAC meetings
- The School Newsletter features parts of the School Learning Plan featured in each edition.
- Student focus group to review plan for insight and input. Survey students are part of the plan.
- Staff have initiated an inquiry project that embodies strategies to improve collaboration between peers (Survey Results in appendix)
Professional Learning Plan for Staff
- Professional learning with SET BC
- Implementation proposal for Community in Our Own Words (IP)
- ILT professional learning with Loose Parts and Story congress
- Year 3 of Outdoor education from Wild BC
Structures Currently in Place
- Head Spouts
- Reading A to Z
- SET BC Executive Functioning and Technology
- Online resources and tools
- Laptops and iPads 1:3 device to student ratio
- Use of iPads for accessibility features such as speech to text, text to speech and word prediction for communication
- Use of Epic Books for reading supports such as read to self and listen to
- Use of Microsoft Word, Kurzweil and Firefly to support reading and
- iPad apps such as Seesaw, Book Creator, Explain Everything, I movie, and Pictello to provide multiple means of capturing learning
- Digital Portfolio
- My Blueprint
- MAP entries (IP)
Play and Exploration
- Story Congress or story telling using loose parts
- Primary Wilderness Wednesdays
- Math games
- Project-based Learning
- Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies
- Growth mindset process being taught and language being used
- Stewardship Pemberton partnerships
- Artist in Residence
- Student Council
- Ucwalmícwts language program with participation from Lil̓’wat Elders and PSS Students
- Monthly Assemblies and Classroom Assemblies focusing on Positive Behaviour Intervention Strategies and sharing learning
- ILT District Wide Forum, Collaboration
- Heritage Fair
- Project-Based Learning
- School Wide Write
- Self-assessment as it relates to the competencies and self-regulation
- Ongoing Communicating Student Learning
- Digital Portfolios
- Grade 5/ 6/7 teacher collaboration
- Peer Tutors from PSS
- Multi-Age Groupings at all levels
- Lunch time activities and groups
- Cultural groups
- Buddy Groups